Education develops current students into the desirable employees of the future. High Point boasts strong and diverse educational opportunities. It is critical to maintain and enhance a strong business community in support of education in our community. To submit additional ideas for this pillar, please email Brian Norris.
In 2015 We...
- Advocated for Say Yes to Education to make Guilford County its next community partner
- Held two education meetings about the Say Yes program
- Hosted a Workforce & Education Power Breakfast with Lee Fisher of CEOs for Cities as the keynote speaker, which connected educational organizations with employment organizations
- Established a Principal's Council for Guilford County Schools
- Began an Education Committee
- Met with other Chambers and organizations to share ideas and combine efforts
In 2016 We Will...
- Continue to connect the business community with opportunities to support education
- Host a Meet the Principals Reception
- Host our second Workforce & Education Power Breakfast
- Continue support and information training about Say Yes
- Encourage Apprenticeship programs between high school and college students with local companies
- And more!