Through Government Advocacy, we provide our members proactive support of business issues at local, state and national levels. By advocating on behalf of the High Point business community, we help to create a more prosperous and livable community. As a service to our members, each year the High Point Chamber produces a Legislative Agenda to identify key initiatives that need support from state leaders. To submit additional ideas for this pillar, please email Brian Norris.
In 2015 We...
- Advocated in favor of the Library Plaza Project
- Supported efforts to secure Say Yes to Education in Guilford County
- Established a Government Affairs committee
- Spent time in Raleigh with state legislature voicing concerns & ideas from our community
- Conducted meetings with local officials to strengthen relations and clearly define a vision for our community
In 2016 We Will...
- Produce a regular Government Advocacy update for our members through an e-newsletter
- Host an Elected Officials Reception
- Launch a Transportation Committee
- Host a Candidate's forum
- Spend more time in Raleigh
- And more!